03 March, 2010

AND EVERYTHING INBETWEEN

Hanging out in Richmond gave me a whole lot of time to just sit and think. To think about things and make decisions. To think about things I would not have thought about had I had other things to distract and detract.

And to reflect - shed some light on the subject.
(Very few people seem to like the deep blue-green colour of the kitchen. It's grown on me. I kind of really love it. Let me show you why. The only changes I made to these photos was a slight reframing. Everything else about them is 100% raw.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I know. I know leaves aren't interesting. Humour me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



A somewhat solitary existence (even if only for a short period of time) has heightened my level of observation and appreciation. Appreciation of the little things, the things that go unnoticed, the things that are hard to come by, the things that other people wouldn't, and everything in between.

And I've had time. To do what I want. To live within myself. To separate myself from everything I'm usually connected to.

To just BE.

Existing is the greatest promise I've ever made to myself.

3 comments:

  1. Existing is the greatest promise I've ever made to myself.
    love

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos look amazing. Love deep shadows.
    Tell me your secrets oh talented one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana! It's no secret. It's glossy dark green kitchen cupboards.
    Thankyou both for your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Followers