04 March, 2010

50 WORDS

Jono, a good friend of mine, and I got ourselves into a four part challenge type arrangement after I accidentally recommended 'A Clockwork Orange' by Anthony Burgess to him and then tried to dig myself out of a hole that would surely lead to the downfall of my recommendation credibility. (I mean I stand by my opinion that it's a great book, it's just that I didn't take into account his taste in literature when I said it.)

Anyway, to counteract the whole effect we decided that he would have to recommend a book to me that I wouldn't usually read, so we'd be even. And the whole idea escalated from there.

THE CHALLENGE:
For Jono
1) (Book) 'A Clockwork Orange'
2) (Film) 'Waking Life'
3) (Creative task) A day's worth of hourly comics
4) (Out of comfort zone activity) Donate blood

For Sarah
1) (Book) 'The Hobbit'
2) (Film) 'Howl's Moving Castle'
3) (Creative task) A 50 word story with a twist
4) (Out of comfort zone activity) Dance class or circus tumbling class (yet to be decided)

So the point of this post is to put up my 50 word (exact) essay with a twist, because I figured the creative writing element in this blog is negligible.

Not 100% satisfied by the final result, but here it is all the same.

Captured, he sits in silence, staring into the eyes of his
taker. Trapped and confined, he bides his time. No air passes his lips. His eyes remain fearless, unblinking, and his body, set and still. A curious picture and an odd sort of prisoner. His captor, his creator, the painter.

The number of times I've explained all this is getting a bit ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers