05 February, 2010

BY CHOICE

Today at 12:03am I said goodbye to Mr Jones and left his birthday celebrations at Cherry Bar, managing to jump on the last train to Sandringham at 12:13 as the doors were closing. As soon as the train started moving I realised that I didn't really want to go home just yet. I was in too much of a good mood. This was funny because to my left there was a girl in tears being held by her friend and in the seat in front of me was another girl, also in tears being comforted by who I assume was her boyfriend. Well that bit wasn't funny, it was quite sad, but I mean I could see the humour in comparison.

So I went home and got on facebook chat to see who was still up. Between 1:00am and 2:00am I sat up talking to three people who had also just arrived home after being at Nick's. Then they went to bed and I stayed up talking to Mr Montecinos - I was not ready to waste my good mood sleeping. I was not tired. He happened to be drawing at the time and I thought this was not a bad idea. So I got onto filling in missed hourlies from a couple of weeks ago (there are still quite a few unfinished comics). Drawing with company (even if it is virtual) is much more satisfying than drawing without. So we ended up talking until 4:55am, at which point he explained that his internet would automatically shut down in 5 minutes, so we decided it was time for sleep.

I couldn't sleep for several reasons:
a) I was in too much of a good mood.
b) I finished a kahlua and coke at 11pm.
c) I was starving and had been thinking about peanut butter on toast since 2:00am.
d) I was too cold - for reasons unknown the cooling was on.
e) The thought of getting up at 5:30am excited me.

So when I heard Mother Dearest walk out the front gate at 5:40am it was all too much and I took that as a sign that no, it was not too early to call it quits on Mission Sleep, so I got up to eat breakfast. Peanut butter on toast at 5:45am was the best idea I've had in a while. Dad was downstairs by that time too, and I expressed my belief that today was the best day EVER, to which he responded "and it's all downhill from here".

I perambulated the woofers at approximately 6:10am.

DOGS AT DAWN.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Maaaan I get such a kick out of being up super early. Best feeling. *toothy grin*

1 comment:

  1. I love the serenity in the early mornings. There's nothing quite like it. You are the healthiest person i know of, Sarah.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Followers