02 June, 2010

CITY DWELLINGS.

I took these photos a little over a month ago. I was in a strange mood at the time. Very much within my own head. I think it might of had something to do with my lack of direction, understanding and confidence. It was late afternoon. The lighting was amazing. I didn't want to talk to anyone so I took my camera and hung out at the corner between the VCA and ACCA. Then I went to the library and borrowed a brand new book on John Baldessari, entitled 'Pure Beauty'. (Don't be fooled, the man is NOT about pretty pictures). I now own that book.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Turns out I managed to photograph Tom Russell's new place, a month before I even understood where it was in the world. It's the top two balconys of that building right there in between the other two, in the middle of the photograph. The ones facing the gap. See it?

Photobucket

It's a 5 minute walk from my studio. It's got a view that shits all over my old Richmond view. It's in the middle of the city and it's BRILLIANT. There will be photos taken from his balcony. Soon. Once he finishes exams, I'll be there.
I'll be there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Labels

Followers