13 April, 2010

FAIL

Today I hit crisis point.

I've been told I should scrap my current ideas;
I've been told that the hourlies are my best option (about 2 minutes after being told they were a waste of my time by the same teacher);
I've been told I'm wasting my ability;
I've been thrown into the deep end of conceptual and text based art which I've never really considered and know nothing about (and I'm drowning);
none of my ideas are worthwhile - they aren't clever enough, they've been done, they aren't what I want to do (and these are all MY conclusions);
I've never been 100% happy with anything I've made, ever;
I'm beginning to question the point of it all (again);
none of it serves a purpose;
art is selfish and self-reflexive;
I tried to write my thoughts on the topic down just before and I couldn't articulate a word of it;
Esteban, Andre and Tom Craine all have valid points, none of which counteract the issues I’m having with the art world;
nothing I can do is wrong, and equally isn't right;
everything is so obvious;
I’m struggling;
I’m stalling;
I care because it matters;
I laugh because it doesn't matter in the slightest;
I'm worried... but not really;
I’m confused but I understand;
I’m lost but I know exactly where I am and where I need to be;
I don’t know how to get there and where to turn next;
I don’t know what to do, where to start and how;
I've been hiding behind the safety of research;
I've got nothing to show for my time;
mid-semester reviews are this Monday;
there's a book on my desk at the VCA right now entitled "ART IS EASY";
SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE!

1 comment:

  1. As long as an artist enjoys and believes in their art then noone else really matters imo.
    But it sounds like you're really not digging what you do. I thinkyou're a great drawer fyi

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Followers